Browser Compatibility Notification
It appears you are trying to access this site using an outdated browser. As a result, parts of the site may not function properly for you. We recommend updating your browser to its most recent version at your earliest convenience.
Skip navigation
Social Media
Facebook Icon
YouTube Icon
Twitter Icon
    Print Icon  

Commissioned and Certified Documents

Commissioned Documents - Oaths and Affidavits

The Clerk and Cemeteries and Licensing Coordinator are Commissioners of Oaths and can assist you if your signature needs to be witnessed on legal documents. The fee is $15.00 plus HST for one to three signatures, $30.00 plus HST for four to six signatures and $45.00 plus HST for seven to nine signatures. Two pieces of government issued photo identification with the deponent's signatures must be presented at the time of commissioning.

Certified Documents

A certified copy of a document can be obtained in the Clerk's Department from the Clerk. The original document and the photocopy must be presented. If the document needs to be photocopied then there is a 50 cent per page fee. The fee is $15.00 plus HST for one to three signatures, $30.00 plus HST for four to six signatures and $45.00 plus HST for seven to nine signatures.

An appointment is preferred in order to ensure availability of the Clerk or Cemeteries and Lice nsing Coordinator. Commissioning of documents and certified document services are provided at the Clerk's Department between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.

Notarized Documents

This service is not available at the Municipal Offices. Lawyers that are Notary Publics or a Justice of the Peace may notarize documents for a fee.

Passport Guarantors

The Federal Government, via its Passport Canada Agency, identifies various categories of individuals, and lists who may be a guarantor for passports. Municipal officials who meet the criteria may be a guarantor. This service is provided at no charge. For additional information, please visit the Passport Canada Website

Travel Consent Letters

It is recommended that children travelling abroad carry a consent letter proving they have permission to travel from every person with the legal right to make major decisions on their behalf. The Municipality can commission travel letters. Travel letter forms are available at the Office of the Clerk or online; Consent Letter for Children Travelling Abroad.

More information about travelling abroad with children is available on the Government of Canada's website:

© 2014 Municipality of Sioux Lookout